FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why was the Latinx Arts Alliance formed?
The five founding Latinx Arts Alliance members saw the need for advancing, serving, and supporting Latinx art, artists, and culture in greater Los Angeles. They also saw an opportunity to underscore the importance of Latinx-focused institutions having a rightful voice in the cultural fabric of Southern California.
How can I support the Latinx Arts Alliance?
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Latinx Arts Alliance.
While 39 percent of the California population is Latinx, the single largest ethnic group in the state, less than 1.3 percent of philanthropic dollars are designated for Latinx organizations. Even less of these philanthropic dollars go to Latinx art-specific institutions. Eliminating these funding inequities is one of the top priorities of the Latinx Arts Alliance.
Please contact us at [email protected] for more information on how to become a sponsor.
- Become a member – Some Alliance members offer membership options. Check members’ website or detailed membership information.
- Donate– The Alliance members always welcome funding support, especially during these trying times. Go directly to that organizations’ website or contact [email protected] for more information on how you can contribute.
- Follow and share on social media – One easy way to support the Alliance is by following us on Facebook and Instagram. You can also follow each of the member organizations online; links to members’ social media sites are in About section under each organization’s profile.
- Attend Alliance member events– Check the calendar listings, click the event link, and register for an event. You will be warmly welcomed by a community of fellow enthusiasts and supporters.
- Keep informed – Sign up for the mailing lists and stay informed on each member’s activities. No need to remember to visit the sites, the information will simply arrive in your in box.
- Share with others – Let people know about the Alliance and tell them about the innovative and informative programming and exhibitions offered by the members. Spread the word!
How does my organization become a Latinx Arts Alliance member?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Latinx Arts Alliance member! Membership is closed for the inaugural year but will reopen in 2021. All members must have the following attributes:
- They must be a non-profit organization centered on Latinx visual arts and culture
- They must have a regular program of Latinx art exhibitions
- They must be located in the greater Los Angeles area
- They must be established active organizations
For inquiries and further information on how to join, please email [email protected].
How much does it cost to attend the events?
The Alliance members offer both free and ticketed events. For information on a specific event, click the link for the event which will take you to the hosting organization’s site. You will find more event details there, including pricing, if any, and how to register.
Questions about listings on the calendar? Here’s how to get the fast responses from the right people.
This site provides general information on exhibitions and events taking place at each of the arts and culture organizations that comprise the Latinx Arts Alliance. For additional event information, including registration, pricing, and event confirmation, you must go directly to the website of the organization hosting the event.